Saturday, February 28, 2009

WHAT MAKES A HOUSE A HOME...

Kayden came to play...video games, play dough, fire trucks, tractors, ball, TV and......the piano. When company comes the house comes alive...whether it be friends coming to dinner or children visiting or grandkids playing - the house comes alive. Tom and I do a good job at keeping things lively with projects and such but every now and then you have to stir things up and keep it different. I may find play dough in the couch after and stub my toe on a toy but it's worth it. We don't have a dishwasher as the well couldn't handle one in the summer so the dishes get done by hand but it's a chore both Tom and I don't mind one bit. Housework? Don't mind that either cause I enjoy seeing the house clean and neat - plus it's a way of keeping in shape burning calories. I let Kayden do his thing on the piano - keeping to the rules of no banging and using fingers of course - after all the piano was bought for me by my parents when I was 14. It's gone with me everytime I've moved and suffered some for it but for the most part I think I have an object that will continue to give us all pleasure from time to time. In these dreary days of winter it's times like this that get us through! Opening day is not far away and racing has begun - in the meantime enjoy Kayden.

No comments:

Post a Comment