Friday, February 18, 2011

This One's For You Romeo.....




Last Monday, Valentine's Day, February 14, 2011 Tom and I said good-bye to our faithful feline friend, Romeo. We made the very painful decision to have him put to sleep that day. He was just shy of his 20th birthday. It had been painful as well to watch his health fail day to day and painful to watch him try and jump up on the bed or counter and fall back down cause he just didn't have the muscles in his hind end anymore. Monday was a very hard day for Tom and I..............

You may say "he was just a cat" which is typical unless you've had an animal around for years and years. Yes, he was a cat. But Romeo was there to be my crying pillow when Jim and I divorced. He was there for me again as a crying pillow when Bob died. He was there to welcome Tom into our house and loved Tom as much as he did me (and vice versa I might add). He was our friend and the house seems empty without him.

Tweny years to live with an animal is remarkable - my boss told me when I told her Romeo died that an animal doesn't get to be that old unless they've had lots of love. The card that Coastal Vet sent us says an animal is never forgotten until he is stopped being remembered. I have had cats all my life but never one like Romeo.

Our hearts and heavy and our eyes are tearful.

No comments:

Post a Comment