Sunday, June 28, 2009

GETTING READY FOR THE 4TH OF JULY

It's almost here - rain or shine the 4th of July is near. Tom's most favorite HOLIDAY! A neighbor went in Poole's last week and said to Tom "your wife is quite the artisit" (making reference to the firecrackers on the red doors) - Tom graciously replied "well, yes she is but I'm the one who did the doors". I'm all for giving credit when and where credit is due and this time it's all about Tom. I have to admit when he told me about this idea I couldn't fully picture it but once completed I saw he knew exactly what he was doing.


Life is what you make of it - and so far this "summer" the weather hasn't let us make a lot of it. Regardless, we have made the most of it and yesterday the sun was out for hours instead of non-existent. Today we're back to rain (and a rainy day boat ride to Cabbage Island) - oh well - we'll be around people having fun despite the clouds!

My pansies keep looking towards the sky for some sun to perk them up but the rest of the plants seems to be doing okay. On a positive note I'm liking not having to water every day. Some sun for the 4th would be nice but the theme this year is all about water so it won't matter - again - life is what you make of it - and at 150 Back River we try and make every minute matter! HURWAY FOR THE FORTH OF JULY (to quote Elmer Fudd)...............

3 comments:

  1. Karen did you see my quote of the day on my blog....how fitting that this quote was picked for today...it was meant to be!

    Here it is in case you didn't see it...

    Wherever God erects a house of prayer,
    The Devil always builds a chapel there:
    And 'twill be found, upon examination;
    The latter has the largest congregation. – Daniel Defoe (1660-1731)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th of July...leave it to my "baby girl" to stand up and fight for rights for the 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete